The Basic Package
The Basic Package is for you if you:
- Have simple requirements for a WordPress website set up correctly that works properly.
- Are willing to do a little footwork to find a free theme that will suit your purposes (there are thousands).
- Have a logo or are willing to have a text logo.
- Don’t need customization work at this time.
1. We assist you in setting up your hosting account. This includes purchasing a domain name and purchasing hosting. The cost of hosting is not included in the package, you are responsible for paying the annual fee. We use HostGator as they are optimised for WordPress and have amazingly cost effective hosting packages.
2. We install WordPress for you and configure it for optimum performance.
3. Basic Plugins Package: “Plugins” extend the functionality of WordPress to do all sorts of cool extra things. Some make the whole site work better and some Plugins make widgets for your sidebar. Our basic Plugin Package includes installation and configuration of the following:
- All-in-One-SEO pack to get you started with search engines.
- Google Sitemap Generator also to help you with the search engines.
- WP-Spam Free protects you from spammer comments.
- WP DB Backup to back up your database of all your great content.
- Social Media to add follow me icons to the sidebar.
- Sexy Bookmarks or Add to Any are two different looks for sharing post content to all the social media sites.
7. Theme of Your Choice: WordPress is Open Source, which means lots of people create theme designs and plugins and offer them absolutely free. The Black Kitten Package includes the installation of up to three free themes of your choice. You can search Google for free WordPress Themes or you can go to the WordPress.org theme directory and find many cool themes. It is best to find themes that have been updated to WordPress 3.0 to take advantage of great new menu features that make it easy to change your site navigation, as well as some other great features. Don’t worry, I can assist you with this.
3. Five pages: Home, About, Contact and two other pages. I will add the content and images that you provide me with. If you do not have this content, I will make the page and you can add the content later. I will teach you how.
4. Your front page can be a ” blog” page or you can have a static home page with a “blog” page as one of your five pages. Blogs are great for search engine optimization and to make you look like you know what you are talking about. Much better to show people you are an expert than to tell them. A blog gives people a reason to return for all that updated goodness.
5. Input two blog posts with one image each and assign each post to a blog category.
3. Input two categories.
7. Widgets: We will add the following widgets to your sidebar:
- Follow Me with Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and RSS Icons
- Recent Posts
8. We give you 30 minutes of one on one training, which shows you how to get around in your admin section, write blog posts and pages, and how to add images and videos to your posts. We will show you when to use posts and when to use pages. We also show you how to categorize and tag your posts.
6. Contact form: We will include a simple contact form so people can fill it out and send it to you right then and there. Easy Peasy.
9. Items available for additional charge:
- Add a completed, ready-to-go logo to a site that is logo ready. $100
- Add your completed header to a site that is header ready. $100
- Purchase and install any Premium Theme. $150
- Add an e-mail subscription box. $150
- Change the colours or otherwise customize the “Theme”. $125 per hr.
- Import content from Blogger or WordPress.com. $100
- Import content from another website. $125 per hr.
What will you need to do?
- Pay for your hosting account.
- Choose a Free Theme for your site. I can assist you with this.
- Give us your passwords for Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Provide content and images for your pages and 2 posts. If you cannot provide us with the content within two weeks of receiving your deposit, it is not a problem. We will enter dummy content and photos and you will be able to go in and add your own content later. Once we set it up with dummy content, we will not go in and also add the content that you may or may not finally send to us. But don’t worry, it is really easy to add. Just like writing an e-mail! We will show you how.
How do we start and how long will it take?
When you hire us to build your site, we require a 50% deposit. Once we receive payment of your deposit we put your site build on our to do list on a first come first serve basis. You may move up quickly, if people ahead of you have not gotten their act together with giving us their content. So, it could be a few days to 30 days, depending. We like to get things going asap, but there are only two of us on the Black Cats team and we like to do a great job on getting things done right. We bill you for the final payment when we have completed our work, (whether we have received your content or not). When we receive the payment we send the link to you and make your site available to you.
Ready to Begin? Get your Quote.